Advantages and Disadvantages of Solar Powered Cars
There are many advantages and disadvantages of solar energy in general. For most people though, I doubt if they have really considered the advantages and disadvantages of solar powered cars. So we did a little brain-storming and here is what we came up with.
Advantages of Solar Powered Cars
· Electric cars contain batteries that store electric energy which can be used later by an electric motor. Therefore, solar energy doesn’t need to be generated the entire time a solar car is being operated. With this storage device, more current can be drawn at any one time than would be produced during solar active charging.
· Solar cars, unlike regular autos, can produce their full rated power at all speeds.
· Solar powered cars don’t put out any negative emissions. This helps our ecology, by keeping the air cleaner.
· Solar energy is first converted into electrical energy, and finally creates mechanical power to drive the vehicle.
· Solar powered cars are much quieter than conventional cars.
The Disadvantages of Solar Powered Cars
· Solar powered cars have power and speed restrictions that fossil fueled cars don’t have.
· The batteries in solar cars need to have high storage capacity if they are to be used when the sun is not shining.
· Solar power cars will never look like other cars due to the need of so many solar cells.
· Since the design of solar powered cars hasn’t been perfected, the cost of owning one at this time is very high.
As you can see there are many advantages and disadvantages of solar powered cars. Now that you know this you may want to learn what are solar powered cars?